7.09.2009

Enough With the Love....Time to spew some Venom

If you've looked at any of my previous posts (preferably from the very beginning) you would know that the one person whose outfits I think needs to be gathered up, taken to the back of the house and "put to sleep" are those of Ms. Solange Knowles. Where do I start with her? I can't. She's like Forever 21. It looks appealing from afar but when you get closer and actually examine the clothing, you begin to realize it's Just. Too. Much.

But I will give Miss Knowles some credited, despite winning the hard fought award for Worst Dressed by People magazine (I was extremely proud of her for her deserved win), she actually redeemed herself on a few occasions this year:

Here's her looking very nice backstage at a concert in June:


Oh. And here we go. It's her performing at a small concert wearing the Urban Outfitters romper I've been coveting:

And here's a cute look (let's not look at the shoes) she's wearing on her recent trip in Europe:

Soooo. What did we learn from those 3 previous posts? That Solange has POTENTIAL to make cute clothing decisions. To be bold but to still not cross the line of tackiness...that she so easily crossed last year. Should I remind you again what she looked like? Nah...I'll keep it to myself. Oh what the hell: Old Solange. But you wanna know what Solange did? She punked me. She tricked me. She got my hopes up and went back to her old tomfoolery ways.

Exhibit A:
Ok. I get it. I see what you're doing here Solange. Cropped bf blazer: very cute. White AA V-neck tee: cute. Necklace w/ a pop of neon green: I like. Retro checked glasses: sweet. But what in PVC-hell is on your legs?? And why wear the bright pink neon shiny pumps?? And then have the nerve to match it with the pink ring. Solange. You Fail.

Next one:Yes. It was Gay Pride Week. And Yes you were performing at a Gay Pride concert. But....how dare you. How dare you hurt my eyes with this montrosity of an outfit.

And lastly:
You are seeing correctly. No need to adjust your computer's resolution. That is a green lipstick that she's wearing. That is a foil-bubble dress she is wearing. Those are yellow Jamaica Ave clearance bin sandals that she's rocking. And let's not pretend we don't see the peach colored tank that complements everything (if everything = retardedness).

I have no more words. It is 5:15 AM and I just dissected Solange Knowles' most recent outfits. I am not proud of myself....maybe I should go to bed. That's probably more productive.

Goodnight!
Related Posts with Thumbnails