7.30.2009

The Summer of the Romper

Rihanna was spotted yesterday wearing the 2009 summer-staple: the Romper.


Seeing this picture reminded me of a post about Blake Lively that I was suppose to have created a while ago.

Blake Lively has been the poster child for rompers this summer. And she always looks great in them. To me, Blake Lively is not a particularly great dresser. She does not have a stylist, which might explain some of her clothing choices (ie. her inappropriate slutty dress at the Met Ball AND the ill fitting Nina Ricci dress at the 2009 Oscars). BUT she has made some amazing choices this summer and her rompers have shown that she does have a good eye...sometimes.

Here she is wearing a black Vena Cava romper w/some frontal details:


In a zig-zag print Vena Cava (obvious one of her fav brands):


This is one of my favs. Here she is wearing an Adam romper. It's on sale for $146..which in all seriousness, is a pretty reasonable price (if you're rich):
This is actually a Serena van der Woodson (her character on GG) outfit, not a Blake Lively one. It's from Topshop and is only $90. Sidenote: I adore Topshop. I love it more than Urban Outfitters...which is crazy if you know me.


Here of a couple of rompers that I adore that are pretty inexpensive (click on the pics to find the store):



We only have a month left until summer is over, so we have a short time to wear rompers in all their glory. But I guess when Fall gets here, you can just thrown on some tights, boots, and a light jacket and you're good to go.
Related Posts with Thumbnails