8.17.2009

Tyra's REAL Hair

And I don't mean "I bought it, so it's really mine" hair. No. I mean she's going to rock her God given hair on September 8th. And she decided to call that day "National Real Hair Day"...*sigh*. I guess she's taking some notes from Solange who recently shaved off all her hair in order to show that black women should not be slaves to their weaves and long hair (btw, Solange slapped a wig on her bald head the same day she shaved it off....so much for not being a slave to long hair) But anyways. This is HUGE news. Has anyone ever seen Tyra's real hair? Some of us have seen her with her cornrows:But I mean, has anyone seen her with her hair out. I am kind of excited. Now if only Beyonce follows suit and gets rid of her lace-front wig nonesense:
I am very proud of Tyra. There have been tons of rumors out that she sleeps in her wigs because she says there's a certain image that she thinks she must maintain. So with this and Chris Rock's Good Hair movie, I hope black women learn to love their real hair. I will take note too ;-)
Related Posts with Thumbnails