8.25.2009

Rodarte Love

So I've decided that until Rodarte's Target Collection debuts on December 20th, I will post pics of outfits from some of their collections from past seasons...randomly. Honestly, the thing I love about Rodarte is the fact that whenever you see a celebrity or socialite wear one of their pieces, you instantly recognize the intricate detailed work of a Rodarte original. I respect that the two designer sisters can go beyond the status-quo and make clothes that the average person may not "get" but they are still able to receive world-wide recognition and respect (both Michelle Obama and Reese Witherspoon have worn Rodarte recently. Also, Rodarte won the 2009 CFDA Womenswear Designer of The Year). So here are four looks that I adore from their 2009 Fall Ready-To-Wear collection:

I honestly would love to see a Rodarte piece upclose but I guess the Target collection will have to do. I doubt that the collection will be mind-blowing but I do think we all will be pleasantly surprised. Here's a sneak peak of the collection (from Paper Magazine). It was described by an editor as "beautiful, ethereal, and lacey":

Related Posts with Thumbnails