8.25.2008

Opinions are Abundant

So...the big fashion Do or maybe Don't of this week has been Rihanna's Balenciaga black & white gladiator boots:



Perez posted a pic of it and you know when he asks everyone's opinion...he probably hates it. Well this wasn't the first time she wore them...so I'm not sure why people are hating on them so much. She wore them on 106 & Park sometime this year (and no..I do not watch that show, I simply happened to come upon some a pic):
Anywhoo...so on every celebrity blog, there seems to be pics of her latest outing with the Balenciaga's...and on every site, there seems to be a lot of hate.

So since the name of the post is "Opinions are Abundant", I will give my very own opinion...I love them! And it's not because I love Rihanna..because I do...it's because I love Nicholas Ghesquière (Balenciaga's creative director). When I saw his Spring 2008 collection last year with all the structured flowered dresses and towering gladiator boots, I was shocked! It's simply art:
Btw, I know that this particular Balenciaga look is somewhat "last year" but since it was put back into the spotlight this week I have to talk about. Sooo what do you guys think?

P.S. Don't worry I will posting real Fashion Dos and Don'ts soon!
Related Posts with Thumbnails