9.02.2008

OMG, She's Wearing My Dress!!

Prom....its a fancy party that represents the end of HS. It's where teenage girls pretend to be socialites and celebrities. It is sometimes done awkwardly. There is either too much concealer, chunks of red lipstick lodged in their braces, unflattering updos and....the list goes on. However, to the average teenage girl, those things are sooo insignificant. The only thing that would actually ruin a girl's magical/fairytale night is if some random chick was wearing her Jessica Mcclintock dress.

But this nightmare isn't only limited to Prom. It's basically a "leaving your house" nightmare. This recently happened to me at my 21st bday dinner. I bought this cute white Grecian-inspired dress from Forever 21 and my friend had the same dress! Yes....obviously I should have known that a duplicate was roaming the streets of NY, but I didn't care. I wanted a cheap white dress. Her dress was in a different color (green)....but still! I was depressed. So my lovely friend, S, kindly bought a new dress so that I would be happy on my night. But as I write my little anecdote up above...I think I might have been overreacting because I've been seeing the same skirt on all the celebs...and they don't seem to care.

Herve Leger bandage dresses have made women stop saying: "OMG..she's wearing my dress! I'm going to cut her!" to the less violent "Whatever..I look better than that bitch!"

Let's look at the ever popular Herve Leger high-waist bandage skirt that all the young girls have been rocking:

Cassie


RihannaDawn from Danity Kane (on the left)

Melissa from The Pussycat Dolls
Vanessa Simmons

It's a gorgeous skirt so I understand why so many young girls have been wearing it...but still..look above..that's A LOT of girls wearing the same skirt. What do you guys think? Is it fine to wear a piece of clothing KNOWING that so many people have worn it already? We've all spotted tons of girls wearing the same North Face fleece (atleast the ppl in Stony Brook did) or hipster guys wearing their V-neck American Apparel t-shirts. But I'm not sure how I feel about it. We all want to be different but when something feels sooo good (ie. the NF fleece) or looks cute (ie. AA tees) then who's to stop the 6 billion ppl on this earth from looking and feeling good.

Sidenote: How hot is Cassie's outfit?? (esp. those shoes!)
Related Posts with Thumbnails